sábado, 20 de julho de 2013

The song

Do you remember the history behind this song? We were sitting in our favourite pub, drinking a pint of our favourite beer when it begun to play. We were quiet for a while until you dared to say what was also on my mind. We will never be together, you wispered. I kissed you and reminded you how perfect these brief moments are, they never have the chance to go bad, but in the back of my mind I knew I was lying. A moment with you, only one, was not enough. Two weeks passed since our first kiss and I already knew it was worth it to try, even if it went bad someday.
Do you remember how little we cared about everyone else that day? In that silence we promised to always find time for eachother, even if only 5 minutes were available, and we always did. A stolen kiss in the middle of the afternoon, a cup of coffee early in the morning, a big hot chocolate mug to brighten a snowy day, or a beautiful romantic sunset in the city park. We were in love and didn't really know it.
This song still reminds me of you. Reminds me how hard it was to say goodbye and how good it felt to kiss you again. 
It reminds me that it is always worth it to try if the reward is being with you.

Sem comentários: